Our network

Two men and a dog rescued from burning building | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Two men and a dog rescued from burning building
News

LAGRANGE, Ga. -- Firefighters rescued two men and a dog from a burning building on Martha Street on Thursday. 

Lagrange Firefighters arrived on the scene with "heavy smoke showing from the single story, wood-frame family dwelling."

Firefighters entered the home and found a man on the floor and the other one in another part of the house both were transported to Grady Memorial for additional treatment. 

During a subsequent search, firefighters found a Chocolate Labrador Retriever hiding under a bed; the dog was given an oxygen mask and is recovering from smoke inhalation. 

The case of the fire is currently under investigation but firefighters noted that they "encountered" heavy fire in the kitchen and laundry room area. 

No injuries were reported and damages are estimated at about $50,000. 

News

Newnan Deals